Finally, the news you’ve all been waiting for!
We Were Exploding Anyway will be hitting stores, bars and probably broadcast repeatedly on Radio Free America on the 7th November 2011. The magnificent Monotreme Records, (who have already released the other 65 records over there), stepped up to the challenge. It will be available everywhere (if you look hard enough) in the following actual formats, as well as the digital ones:
– 2CD edition includes 7 track ‘Heavy Sky EP’
– Heavyweight 180gm vinyl (dark blue or white ltd coloured vinyl) with free CD album, poster and digital download of ‘Heavy Sky’ EP.
I’ll buy that for (slightly more than) a dollar!
You’ll notice that both those editions will include the Heavy Sky e.p that we released late last year. So loads of 65 music, basically. For more information, some tasters and free downloads, head over to the Monotreme Records website HERE.
We left the United States in a haze of pre-dawn histrionics and unpaid motel bills one grey morning in 2008, and slept all the way home… We didn’t know at the time it’d take us quite so long to get back. America: your borders are high and hard to scale! We’re sneaking the audio back in, but we’re still working on getting out there ourselves. This seems like small step forward though, right?
Here’s a quick roundup of everything else going on 65-wise this troubled year:
• Performances of the Silent Running Re-score:
September 10th – Bestival, Isle of Wight, UK
September 11th Patronaat, Haarlem, Netherlands
• One-off performance of ‘INSIDE’ with the Jean Abreu Dance Group
– 21st September, Queen Elizabeth Hall, London, UK.
• 65daysofstatic’s Silent Running Re-Score Soundtrack released Autumn 2011, date TBC, through Dustpunk Records on ltd edition vinyl & digital download.
• Polinski (that’s our Paul) releases ‘Labyrinths’ on 31st October (UK and Europe) and 7th November (US) on Monotreme records.